DIY Homemade Liquid Verbena Soap Recipe For Healthy, Gorgeous, Beautiful Hair | Time Honored Tips
- Cut in small pieces one-half pound of pure imported castile soap.
- Put in porcelain kettle with two quarts of warm water and dissolve by boiling.
- When cold it should be of the consistency of rather thin cream; if thicker, add more water.
- Stir in one-fourth pint of alcohol and let stand several days in a warm room.
- All the alkali and impurities will settle to the bottom of the bottle, leaving the liquid as clear as crystal.
- Pour off carefully, leaving the residue for kitchen purposes.
- Perfume with a few drops of oil of verbena, or any scent one may prefer.
- A small quantity of this used in the shampoo is delightfully cleansing.
Excerpt From – Woman Beautiful By Helen Follett Stevans.