Popover Muffin Recipe - A Kosher Pastry That Will Leave You Craving For More
Here's a recipe for popover muffins:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Place a 12-cup muffin tin in the oven to heat up.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well combined.
4. Gradually whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Add the melted butter and whisk until combined.
5. Remove the muffin tin from the oven and lightly coat each cup with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Fill each cup about 2/3 full with the batter.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C) and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the popover muffins are puffed and golden brown.
8. Remove the popover muffins from the oven and immediately remove them from the pan. Serve warm.
Enjoy your delicious popover muffins!