A Classic Beefsteak Pie Recipe - A Tasty Kosher Meat Recipe You Will Love
Here's a recipe for a classic beefsteak pie:
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and black pepper. Add the beef cubes and toss to coat.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef cubes and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
4. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves to the skillet. Stir to combine.
6. Return the beef to the skillet and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover and transfer to the oven. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
7. Remove the bay leaves from the skillet and transfer the beef mixture to a 9-inch pie dish.
8. Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface to fit the top of the pie dish. Place the pastry over the beef mixture and trim the edges. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg.
9. Cut a few slits in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.
11. Let the pie cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your delicious beefsteak pie!