A Matzah Ball Soup Recipe Made With Chicken Stock And Spices You Will Love And Enjoy
-3 quarts of low-sodium chicken stock
-2 carrots, peeled and diced
-2 celery stalks, diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 onion, diced
-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
-1 teaspoon dried thyme
-1 teaspoon dried dill
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
-1/4 teaspoon turmeric
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-2 cups matzah meal
-1/2 cup cold water
-4 eggs, lightly beaten
-2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, garlic, and onion, and sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
2. Add the chicken stock, parsley, thyme, dill, black pepper, and turmeric to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the matzah meal, cold water, eggs, and dill. Mix together until a thick dough forms.
4. Using wet hands, form the dough into 1-inch balls, and then drop them into the simmering soup.
5. Simmer the soup for an additional 20 minutes, or until the matzah balls are cooked through.
6. Serve hot, and enjoy!