Olive Sandwiches Recipe - Kosher Food - Jewish Diets And Cuisines
Olive sandwiches are a classic kosher food that are popular in Jewish cuisine. They are easy to make and can be served as a light lunch or snack. Here is a recipe for olive sandwiches that is sure to satisfy your taste buds:
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bread (white or whole wheat)
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chopped green and black olives, parsley, dill, and red onion.
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
3. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the olive mixture and stir well to combine.
4. Toast the bread slices until lightly browned.
5. Spread the olive mixture evenly over 4 slices of bread.
6. Top each olive-covered slice with another slice of bread to make a sandwich.
7. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and serve.
This olive sandwich recipe is a great option for a quick and easy kosher lunch or snack. The combination of olives, fresh herbs, and tangy mustard makes for a delicious and flavorful filling. Enjoy!